Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dr. Seuss-ish Nails

I got this idea from Jenny Fox over at polishandpearls.com - for some reason it reminds me of something you would see in a Dr. Seuss book, like where the Lorax might live ;)

I started with a base coat of China Glaze's peachy keen. Then I drew a curved white area with Zoya's Purity. On the opposite side of the nail, I made a curved purple area with Essie's play date. Then toward the bottom, I drew a curved pink area with Essie's sunday funday. I drew the black lines with a Sally Hansen nail art pen after the manicure was dry. I finished it off with a top coat of Seche Vite.

My only complaint with this mani is that the sunday funday was not quite opaque enough to cover play date, so be sure that when you choose colors, you choose ones with adequate coverage or you'll see little borders in the middle!


No comments:

Post a Comment