Thursday, January 16, 2014

Roses and Stripes

I got this nail design from The Nailasaurus (www.thenailasaurus.com) - I thought it was so pretty and girlie!

I started with a black base coat (Raven by Zoya). I made white stripes with a white nail striper (ironic, yes?!) from Shany Cosmetics. With a large dotting tool, I made 3 blue dots on each nail (OPIs Suzi Says Feng Shui). Using a thin nail art brush and a dark blue (Michelle by Julip) I made "shadow" pieces inside the roses. With the same brush, I made highlights with a light blue color (Essie's lilacism - I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a light purple but I think it could swing either way). Then using a light green (Essie's mojito madness) and the same thin brush, I drew 1-2 leaves on each rose. I finished with a top coat (Seche Vite) and that was that!

This is probably some of the most detailed nail art I've done in awhile but it was just so pretty that I couldn't pass it up :)



No comments:

Post a Comment