Monday, January 13, 2014

Glittery Ombre

I LOVE all the nails by The Nailasaurus (www.thenailasaurus.com), and these are some that I've been wanting to try for a couple of months now. I think they look a little like a snow storm--gray clouds and white ground. And the glitter just makes the whole manicure!

I did this manicure by painting a small chunk of a makeup sponge with Zoya in Purity, and the chunk above it with Nailtini's Caviar Cocktail. I dabbed the sponge over each of my nails, and when they were dry I did the same thing to add another coat and make it more opaque. Be sure to move the sponge SLIGHTLY up and down the nail to achieve an ombre effect. I then swept Formula X by Sephora in Chaotic over the top of the nails.

Now, guys, this manicure is MESSY! Be sure to give yourself enough time to clean up your fingers afterward. I literally had polish all over my fingers surrounding my nail. But it just can't be avoided when doing this! I used a q-tip dipped in nail polish remover, and any extra cleaning closer to the nail I used a nail art brush.

Of course, I finished off with Seche Vite top coat.


No comments:

Post a Comment