Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Valentines Day Nails

So today I'm going to post a few of the Valentine's Day nails that I came up with last year. I know, I know, it's a little early for Valentine's Day, but more time for you to find something you want to paint on your nails, right?! I will be posting more when it gets closer to the actual day, but here's some early inspiration for you!
So for the above nails, I honestly don't remember what specific colors I used, but I think they are pretty self explanatory. Use dotting tools and nail stripers to make the dots/stripes/hearts/lips etc.
I saw the above design on the internet, but I'm not sure of the exact source. If I find it later, I will update this post. Use pink on the pointer/thumb, white on the middle finger, gray on ring and pinky fingers. On the middle finger, use the gray to make stripes, and the pink to make the heart. Pretty simple!

On the above manis: The top one I used a pink polish and made a diagonal stripe up the top 1/3 of the nail and filled it in. I used white and a dotting tool to make dots in this space. I then used a silver glitter nail striper to make a border on the bottom of the pink. The bottom one, I painted the pinky-pointer fingers pink and the thumb red. Then using a white nail striper (not easy!! If I did it today, I would use a Sally Hansen nail art pen) I wrote Be Mine. On the other 4 nails, I used a dotting tool to make a set of red lips (hard to see in this photo) and a set of white lips.
The mani above I actually won a contest for - I was so excited! I used white polish on all nails but the ring finger, which I used a red. I then used an XL image plate from Shany cosmetics (#2) for all the lips, which I used different pinks and reds to stamp the different lip images from the plate. I also used a stamp for the hearts and the "Love" on the thumb. I used a stamp for the heart on the ring finger and added a rhinestone to the center for some glam :)

1 comment: