Sunday, December 29, 2013

New Year's Nails

I got this idea from Jenny Fox over at polishandpearls.com - I switched it up just slightly.

For the base: The white is Purity by Zoya and the black is Raven by Zoya.

Pinky and Middle Fingers: I used various nail stripers from Shany Cosmetics to create a firework look (numbers 02[neon green], 03[yellow], 06[magenta], 10[black], 12[gold glitter], 18[blue], 23[orange]).

Ring Fingers: Using the black nail striper, I drew a half circle in the middle of the nail. Using penny talk from Essie and a nail striper brush, I drew a line above the black. Then using the gold glitter nail striper, I traced over penny talk to add some sparkle. I used a black nail art pen from Sally Hansen to draw a "12" on the clock and an arrow for the clock hand. With a dotting tool, I drew dots on the clock with the magenta striper color and the black.

Pointer Fingers: With a dotting tool, I drew dots around the edges of the nail with penny talk and raven. I wrote "2014" with the black nail art pen.

Thumbs: Using a white nail art pen from Sally Hansen, I drew two champagne glasses "clinking" together and a few various sized circles above them. I used Essie's mojito madness and big spender with a dotting tool to give the dots some color. I made the "champagne" with penny talk and the gold glitter striper.

I finished the manicure with a top coat of seche vite. What are your New Year's Resolutions this year??


2 comments: