Thursday, September 25, 2014

Vintage Roses

I saw this mani on IG from user @willpaintnailsforfood. I thought it was absolutely gorgeous so I had to try to recreate it! I started with a base of Nailtini Cement Mixer. I made a couple of large dot clusters toward the tip of the nail with Odette; these will be the bases of our roses. I also made smaller dots with Odette on the rest of the nail. Then using OPI Midnight in Moscow, I made dot clusters in the Odette dot clusters; I left some of Odette on the edges so it is still visible. While waiting for that to dry, I made leaves on some of the roses using Nailtini Venom. Taking a dotting tool, I made smaller dots inside the dots that are all over the nails using Zoya's Ziv. Then, using that same polish and a thin nail art brush, I made small lines and swirls inside the roses to add definition. I also added a little to the centers of the leaves. I finished with a top coat. 

I couldn't decide which lighting I liked better--the natural lighting (top) shows off the gold in the roses much better; the lighting inside (bottom) shows the base color much truer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment