Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Foxy Nails

A friend sent me these nails on Pinterest and I've had them in my list of nails to do, and now I'm finally getting to them! The original artist is at eeeeknailpolish.com. 

I started with a base of Zoya's Purity. Using a thin nail art brush and Nailtini's Mai Tai, I drew in the head of the fox on my middle finger. I drew a curve from the top middle of the nail to each of the outside edges to make the markings of the face, then a half moon shape across the nail to make the head shape. I then drew two little tufts of hair coming off the top of the head. I drew a triangle on either side of the hair for the ears. Using a dotting tool and Zoya's Raven, I made a dot at the top middle of the nail for the nose, then one on either side of the face close to the markings for the eyes. I also drew a little eyelash with the nail art brush. Taking a smaller dotting tool and Purity, I made a small white dot in each of the eyes. For the tail, I just drew a kind of S-shape, then one below that and connected them. I then filled in the part that would be closest to the body. When I got toward the end and with no extra paint, I dragged what was left over to make the streaky end part of the tail. On all the other nails, I used a large and small dotting tool to make footprints along the nails. I finished with a top coat. I think these are so cute!!


No comments:

Post a Comment