Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Geometric Neutral and Blue Nails

I pinned these nails to my Pinterest ages ago and have never quite had the energy to try to get all those nice, straight, crisp lines. I decided that the time is now!

I'm not sure of the original artist; the link takes you to imgfave.com and the image wasn't watermarked or anything. 

I used Zoya's Ryan, Zoya's Flynn, and a custom color I mixed myself! It was a purple from OPI, & a blue and black from Sinful Colors. I mixed them in one of my empties from my Nailtini Lacquer Cabinet box. 
I started with Flynn and painted all my nails from cuticle to end; I did a coat of Seche Vite and waited about 5-10 mins for it to dry. Then I used scotch tape and taped a diagonal section; the section should leave open the tip part of your nail, not the part closer to your cuticle. I used my custom color to paint this section of nail, and removed each piece if tape as I went so the polish wouldn't get tacky. I painted a coat of Seche Vite and let it dry 5-10 mins. Then I taped the opposite diagonal section (once again making sure the open part is closer to the ends, not the cuticle) and painted a coat of Ryan; I once again peeled off the tape as I went so the polish didn't get tacky. I finished with a coat of Seche Vite, and that completes the mani! 

What colors would you use for this nail look??


No comments:

Post a Comment