Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Psychedelic Nails

Ok...I'm a little ashamed...I started these nails at around 7:30 this evening and am just getting done with them at 11:00... It's not that they were hard, but I kept messing them up! I found a really cute design that someone had done on Amazon.com with the nail plates I used (they had different colored T-Rex on each one) so I really wanted to do those. Well, when stamping you have to wait for the polish to dry all the way before doing designs. So I painted the base, waited for it to dry, stamped the swirlies, stamped the outline of the t-rex, filled it in, waited for that to dry, then stamped the black outline of the t-rex again....dear lord. I looked at them when I got done and just shook my little head. They looked like a 3 year old did them.

So then I saw a different image that someone had done on Amazon with a different image from the plate (a brontosaurus) so I thought I'd try that one out. Got the base painted, waited for it to dry, stamped a tree on the pinky, stamped the body on the ring finger, stamped the tail on the middle finger, and HELLS BELLS!! the body was supposed to go on the middle finger and the tail on the pointer--the head needed to be on the ring finger!!! Gah!! So I swiped those off and managed to salvage the base, went to try it again, and damn if I didn't NOT stamp the swirly background. Grrrrrrr.........

So I ended up just taking it all off and starting over. All the colors I used were from Zoya. I ended up using Dot on the pinky and ring fingers, Pippa on the middle and pointers, Josie on the thumb. I then stamped the psychedelic-looking swirly pattern from Winstonia stamp plate number 216; I used Shelby on the pinky and ring fingers, Arizona on the middle and pointer, and Shawn on the thumb. I really wanted to add something more, but by this time I'd already removed the designs how many times ^^ and I'd knocked over my freakin nail polish remover besides (the south section of my house is a hazard zone thanks to the toxic fumes), and was just really really really sick of painting!! So...4 hours later, here is my pathetic design. I think it's cute, but not 4 hours cute!! Oh well, c'est la vie!

What's the longest you've ever taken on a mani?? Come on peeps, make me feel better here!


No comments:

Post a Comment