Sunday, June 8, 2014

Anchors Away!

I saw these nails in a book by Catherine Rodgers called DIY Nail Art: East Step-By-Step Instructions for 75 Creative Nail Art Designs. I did it a little different than in the book--I used an anchor charm from Hex Nail Jewelry on the ring finger rather than painting one. 

I started with a base of Michelle by Julep; it's hard to tell by the picture but it is a navy blue. Then, using a white nail striper from Shany Cosmetics, I painted a diagonal line down the nail; I then painted horizontal lines in the bottom diagonal. Then using a thin nail art brush and Zoya's Austine, I painted over the diagonal line. I added a top coat of Seche Vite. On the ring finger, I added a dot of super glue to the unstriped diagonal; I placed the anchor charm in that, then sealed the charm with a bit more super glue. 

That's it! Quick and easy and cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment