Thursday, May 1, 2014

Green Lace

This is one of my favorite manis to do and it is super easy (even though it looks super elaborate!). I saw this over at polishandpearls.com.

I started with a base of Zoya's Josie (light green) on the thumb, pointer, and pinky. Also did a base of Shawn (dark green) on the middle and ring fingers. 

Now, to make things a little less complicated, I'm going to tell you how to do the thumb, pointer and pinky--for the other two fingers you'll do just the opposite! Ok, so you have your light base. Then using your dark, you'll paint a little over half the nail. Using a large dotting tool, add light dots at the edge of the border in the dark. Use a small dotting tool to add light dots in the dark space. Then, using the same large dotting tool, add dark dots along the light large dots--these should overlap not only the large light dots but also should overlap into the light half of the nail. Then using the same small dotting tool, add light dots to the edge of the dark dots. Ok so I know I promised it would be easy, and even though it SOUNDS complicated, I promise it isn't! If you are a visual learner like I am and you'd like to see a video of how to do it, check out the second mani in Jenny Fox's tutorial here--http://youtu.be/T8v77UZTrh4

You can do this with any colors you want, just make sure one color is lighter and one is darker! I've done this with a few different ones and I'm always impressed with how it comes out! 

What colors will you try??


No comments:

Post a Comment