Friday, May 16, 2014

Flowers with Pastel Gradient

I saw this flower pattern on Pinterest--it's by Nail Art In Life. I saw the pastel gradient I did on the ring finger on @just1nail's Instagram.

So for the base coat on all but the ring fingers I used the mint color I got in my Nailtini April Lacquer Cabinet -- it's called Legitimint. Then, using a dotting tool and Nailtini Parfait-Amour, I made a flower shape and also 3 dots extending from each side. With a smaller dotting tool and Legitimint, I made dots at the center portion of the previous purple dots--this gives the flowers more of a petal shape rather than a round shape. I then placed a rhinestone at the center or each flower. 

For the ring fingers I started with a base of Zoya's Purity. When that fully dried, I applied Legitimint, Parfait-Amour, and Zoya's Blu & Dot on a makeup sponge in an irregular pattern. I sponged this over the white to create a pastel gradient effect. To top that one off, I used another color from my Lacquer Cabinet called Babydoll--it is a beautiful, glittery, holographic-like polish. It just really made that nail beautiful!

I topped everything off with a coat of Seche Vite.

Are you as excited for spring and warmer weather as I am??

Here's a close-up of the awesome ring finger...I don't think the pic does it justice!

2 comments: