Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bubbles!

So my right hand doesn't look too bad but my left hand is kind of crap! Let me tell you what happened...

I've read on a couple of blogs that if you are doing a gradient nail, it's easier to coat your cuticles and the sides of your fingers with Vaseline so as not to get polish freakin everywhere. So I decided tonight was the night to try it out. It worked really well for the cuticles but the sides didn't so much. I still had to use a q-tip to clean the edges. Well...then I went to stamp and it wouldn't hardly work because apparently the Vaseline got on the sponge which then sponged all over my nails. I tried washing it off and it worked better on the right hand than the left. Anyway, needless to say, my bubbles didn't turn out as well as I would have liked but I still took a pic of the better hand! Ha!

So for colors, I used all Zoya polishes. White is Purity, light blue is Blu, and darker blue is Yummy. So I just did a gradient with Blu and Yummy using a makeup sponge. Then using Winstonia stamp plate #W112 and Purity, I stamped bubbles (or polka dots--guess it depends how you look at them!) on each nail. I finished with a top coat of Seche Vite!


No comments:

Post a Comment