Sunday, April 27, 2014

Superheroes!

This is going to be the LoNgEsT bLoG pOsT eVeR!!! K, so tomorrow is my nephew's birthday so I thought I'd do this mani in his honor since he loves superheroes! 

Starting with the right hand! --
Good ol' Batman! I used Zoya's Raven, Purity, and Pippa. Raven went down first, then I used Purity to draw an oval. I topped that with Pippa (I put purity first so Pippa would show up!) Then I drew the bat symbol with black acrylic paint and a thin nail art brush.
Fantastic 4: I used a base of Sinful Colors Why Not. I used a dotting tool and white acrylic paint to make a circle, then used a thin nail art brush to draw a white circle around that. Then I used Why Not to make a 4 in the circle.
Superman: a base of Why Not, the symbol's shape in Purity so that Pippa would show up. Then I used a red acrylic paint to make the outline and the S.
Green Lantern: base color is Formula X for Sephora in Radioactive. Then I used a dotting tool and white acrylic paint to make a circle. For some reason this polish wants to bleed into the white (it was completely dry when I put the white on so who know what it's problem is!!) but it still looks ok. Using Zoya's Shawn and a dotting tool, I made a dot in the middle of the white and also drew lines above and below the circle with the same color. Using a smaller dotting tool and white acrylic, I made a dot in the center of the green dot.
The Flash: base of Nailtini Bloody Mary. I made a white dot with acrylic paint. The lightning bolt is Pippa.

The left hand! We're halfway there!!
Captain America: base of Purity. When that was completely dry, I put a star sticker in the middle of the nail. Then I painted Why Not in a circle around it. Using a nail art brush and Bloody Mary, I made two red rings. I then removed the sticker.
Spiderman: base of Bloody Mary. I made the web with Grey Matter and a nail art brush. I drew the spider with black acrylic paint. 
Wolverine: base of Pippa. I drew the mask with black acrylic paint and the eyes with Purity.
Iron Man: I thought about doing Iron Mans mask, but then decided to do the little symbol on his chest. Base of Zoya's Channing. Used a dotting tool to make a circle of Why Not. Then used black acrylic paint to fill in the lines and shapes. 
Hulk: base of Radioactive (ironically enough!). Radioactive symbol is Shawn. I then painted the tip with Indelible.

Of course I finished them off with a top coat of Seche Vite! 

Happy Birthday to my nephew! :) 

Who's your favorite superhero?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment