Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Nails

Ok guys, I used SO MANY different polishes for this mani, so stay with me!

From left to right: Seche Vite top coat (clear), Zoya's Mira (purple), then this purple is a custom mixed color (White mixed with Essie's Playdate), this green is a custom mixed color also (White with Nailtini's Bottle Green--from March's Lacquer Cabinet), for some of the striping work I used Bottle Green (on the left ring finger)(dark green) and some I used Essies Naughty Nautical (right ring finger)(lighter dark green), Zoya's Dot (light pink), ELF's Fluorescent Pink for striping on bunny ears and zig-zags (bright pink), Zoya's Pippa (yellow), Essie's Penny Talk for outlining zig-zags (coppery gold), Rimmel London's Grey Matter for outlining bunnies ears (grey), OPI's What's With the Cattitude (light blue), Zoya's Robyn (bright blue), Nailtini's Venom (black), and Zoya's Purity (white).


Phew! Ok on to the post! I saw the work I did on my left hand from Sammy, aka the Nailasaurus. You can check out her blog for more great looks (thenailasaurus.com). From pinky to thumb I used the custom purple, custom green, Dot, Pippa, and What's With the Cattitude for bases on the left hand. Pinky: using a thin nail art brush, I made a vertical zig-zag using Fluorescent Pink, then outlined it with Mira. Ring finger: using a small nail art brush and a dotting tool, I created the zig-zags and dots using Bottle Green. Middle finger: with a small nail art brush, I made ears with Purity, made the insides of the ears with Fluorescent Pink, then outlined them with Grey Matter. Pointer: I made a horizontal zig-zag with Fluorescent Pink and a small nail art brush, then outlined it with Penny Talk. Thumb: I made zig-zags and dots with a small nail art brush and dotting tool using Robyn.

So on the right hand I did some of the same designs as on the left, but I got inspiration for the thumb from Instagram user @jauntyjuli--she does amazing nail art! The bunny on the pinky I saw on Instagram also from user @just1nail--she also has amazing nail art! I used the same colors as bases on this hand. Thumb: using a nail art brush I painted a bunny shape; I outlined it and made a tail with thin lines using Venom. I made grass using Naughty Nautical. Pointer: same as the left pointer. Middle finger: I painted a vertical zig-zag with What's With the Cattitude, outlined it with Bottle Green, and made dots with a dotting tool with Mira. Ring finger: Same as left but used Naughty Nautical instead of Bottle Green. Pinky: I made dots with a dotting tool and Mira. I made bunny's head with a large dotting tool and Purity, and it's ears with a thin nail art brush. I painted the insides of the ears and made the nose with Fluorescent Pink; the eyes are Venom.
And that pretty much wraps it up! These nails used the most colors I have done in a long time, and it was rather time-consuming, but I think the result is pretty darn cute! What are your Easter plans??

2 comments: