Monday, February 10, 2014

Patchwork Shapes

I LOVE these nails! They are just almost too cute for words ;) Although mine are not as cute as the picture I got them from (saw them on Nails 2 Die For on Facebook--again, the artist was not credited). If I do them again, I think I will use a Sally Hansen nail art pen rather than a thin nail art brush to have thinner lines.

I started with a base of Essie's Sunday Funday. I made the heart, triangle, and square on the middle and ring fingers. Using Sunday Funday and a dotting tool, I made various sized dots in some of the shapes; then using the same color and a thin nail art brush, I made stripes in some of the shapes also. Using a thin nail art brush and Essie's Licorice, I traced around each shape and added hash marks around the edges to represent "stitching". I finished with a top coat of Seche Vite.


2 comments: