Saturday, February 15, 2014

Lego Movie Nails!

Me and the hubs went to The Lego Movie the other night and we thought it was great! (What are we, three?? Maybe...so what?!) I subscribe to The Nailasaurus blog and I got a notification the other day of these nails she just did, and I HAD to do them on myself! Go check out hers (or maybe don't, because hers are 100 times better than mine!!) - http://www.thenailasaurus.com/2014/02/the-lego-movie-nail-art.html

I painted a base of Essie's Blanc on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th nails. On the thumb and 5th nails, I added six and four rhinestones, respectively. I then painted the pinkies with Zoya's Robyn and the thumbs with Nailtini's Bloody Mary. I painted the entire 4th nail with Zoya's Cho, and the entire 2nd and 3rd fingers with a yellow acrylic paint. I did all the rest of the details with various acrylic paints. I also used Zoya's Louise to outline Emmet's hair and add details to it on the 3rd fingers. I finished everything off with a coat of Seche Vite.

I really liked how these turned out, even though they're not as good as Sammy's! This was my first time ever using acrylic paint on my nails and I've gotta say, it is so much easier to work with than nail polish!

Did any of you see The Lego Movie? What did you think??



No comments:

Post a Comment