Saturday, September 19, 2015

#31dc2015 Day 22: Inspired by a Song

I will have to say--this one had me stumped for awhile, I had no clue what song to pick. I went to a restaurant and Ellie Goulding's "Burn" came on and I was like Ahhh I could do that!! The "burned newspaper" idea was sent to me by a friend on Pinterest, and I've done flame nails like the other hand before. 

For the burned newspaper, I used Zoya's Cho as a base and added a quick dry top coat; I let it dry for about 20 mins or so (long enough for me to paint and stamp the other hand). Then I cut out small chunks of newspaper. I dipped my finger and the newspaper in isopropyl alcohol, then placed the newspaper on the nail and applied pressure for 15-20 seconds. Carefully peel it off and the print should have transferred to the nail. Do this for each one. Then using a black nail polish, I outlined the areas that I wanted "burned". Using a small chunk of sponge, I added Zoya's Louise to the borders; then I sponged black toward the inner parts. Using a q-tip and acetone, I swiped away polish from the inner parts of the circular burns and from the outer edges of the side ones. I added a quick dry top coat. 

For the flames, I did a base of Wet n' Wild Ebony Hates Chris. When dry, I stamped two different flames. With Mundo de Uñas 32 (Reddish) and MoYou London Rockstar Collection 01, I stamped the "base flame"; over top, I stamped the flame from Born Pretty Store plate L012 with Mundo de Uñas 27 (Neon Yellow). I added a quick dry top coat. 

What song inspired your nails today?


No comments:

Post a Comment