Thursday, September 17, 2015

#31dc2015 Day 21: Inspired by a Color

I was inspired by some nails I saw on nailsbynivea's instagram. Hers were blue, but I really wanted to do this purple/pink color--I have a container of glitter this color and wanted the nail color to match. 

I started with a sponge around the same length as my nail; I painted it with OPI Alpine Snow on most of the sponge, then on the very tip, I painted Zoya's Mason. I sponged this on each nail, doing multiple coats until desired opacity was reached. 

I painted a small area at the base of the nail with clear polish, then using a fan brush I sprinkled a bit of glitter on top. You'll want to do this step one nail at a time so the clear polish doesn't dry before you have a chance to add the glitter.

Finish by cleaning the edges with acetone and adding a top coat. What color inspired you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment