Friday, September 11, 2015

#31dc2015 Day 17: Glitter

I got a bit carried away today. Pretty sure this mani goes above and beyond "glitter" and into the "straight up bling" category :S Whatever, I like it anyway! Haha! 

I started with a base of Zoya's Ana, one of their satin polishes. When dry, I used one of those circle labels and placed it on the outer third of each nail. I also used Simply Peel liquid latex to protect the edges of my fingers. Then I took NYX nails polish in NPS-209 Ice Glitter and used a latex-free cosmetic sponge to sponge on the glitter. Using a sponge with glitter gives you a greater concentration of glitter with less coats. Next I coated the whole nail with a top coat and, working quickly before the polish dried, I added rhinestones and studs to the glittery areas. I didn't use any top coat on top of the rhinestones because it tends to smooth them over and I wanted a lot of texture on this mani. What do your nails look like today?


No comments:

Post a Comment