Monday, December 1, 2014

Glow In The Dark Galaxy Nails!

I've been gone SOOOOOO freakin long you guys! I've done a few manis but honestly, they've looked like crap so I didn't want to post them. I got a few new polishes in the mail today from Serum No. 5 and I felt inspired to do this glow in the dark galaxy mani! I kind of suck at galaxy nail art but I figured practice makes perfect, and if by some odd chance they happened to come out, they would be super freakin cool because they're glow in the dark! 

So here are the glow in the dark polishes I used: 
Blue Blazes, Orange You Sunny, Ultra Violet, Indi-glo, Dark Matter, Lights Out

I started with a base of Lights Out. Let me just talk about this one for a second. It's pitch black. And it's glow in the dark. Anyone else scratching their heads?? When I was ordering this, I was like There's no way a black is gonna glow in the dark!! and I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen pics on the site! And it really does (obviously)! Soooo cool!! 

Ok on to the post! So a base of Lights Out. Then I added a quick dry top coat. You don't have to do that, but you do have to wait until it's dry to move on to the next step. Next, I used a cut up makeup sponge to sponge on Blue Blazes, Indi-glo, Orange You Sunny, Ultra Violet, and Dark Matter (I used a separate chunk for each color). Dark Matter is another really interesting color--it's like a duochrome with a redish purple to green shift and a dark base. Super pretty color!

Next, the glitters:
China Glaze Fairy Dust, silver holo glitter

I added one thin coat of Fairy Dust. While it was still wet, I added a few chunks of holo (I think that's what it's called!! It's that really chunky glitter you see there!) glitter randomly on the nails. I did one nail at a time so the glitter polish wouldn't dry before I was done. I finished with a coat of Seche Vite.




So what do you guys think of them?? This is the best looking galaxy mani I've ever done, and I think it looks SOOOO cool in the dark! 

If you guys haven't tried Serum No. 5 yet, you totally need to! I've never really seen anything that glows in the dark the same color as it is in the light - except for maybe glow sticks. Most things usually glow that yellowish color. Anyway, I just think they are so pretty! Also, part of the profits are donated to charity which is pretty cool I think! Go check out their polishes! They also have other polishes besides glow in the dark if that's not your thing :) www.serumno5.com


No comments:

Post a Comment