Saturday, March 29, 2014

50 Shades of Purple

Ok, so it's only two shades, not 50. Don't spoil it for me!! So I saw these on Nails 2 Die For on Facebook--once again, the artist was not credited so that's as much info as I can give you all. Mine aren't quite as sharp and neat as the person's, but I still really like them!

Colors:  White--Zoya's Purity
              Black--Essie's Licorice
              Gray--Rimmel London's Gray Matter
              Light Purple--Essie's Play Date
              Dark Purple--Zoya's Mira

Left pinky: White base, two diagonal stripes of dark purple, and I used Shany nail striper #16 (dark gray) to outline each side of the stripe.

Left ring finger: White base, black dots with a dotting tool

Left middle finger: Light purple base, various sized dotting tools using gray and dark purple. Then I placed rose gold nail beads around in a circle along the outside of the nail.

Left pointer: Dark purple base. Using Mash stamp plate #38 and black, I stamped a checkerboard. Then I placed rhinestones at a few of the corners.

Left thumb: Light purple base, dark purple moon on the cuticle. When it dried, I used Sally Hansen nail art pen in Periwinkle to draw uneven lines out from the edge of the moon.

Right thumb: Half white/half light purple base. Using the nail art pen I drew uneven lines along the midline.

Right pointer: White base. Stamp the checkerboard with gray. Fill in some of the white squares with dark purple using a dotting tool. Place rose gold nail beads at each of the corners.

Right middle finger: Black base, white dots with a dotting tool.

Right ring finger: Dark purple base, light purple and gray dots with various sized dotting tools.

Right pinky: Light purple base. Used the Shany nail striper to make three diagonal lines. Used a dotting tool and white to make dots between the lines.

I finished everything off with a coat of Seche Vite.


No comments:

Post a Comment