Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Removing Glitter Polish the Easy Way!

I LOVE glitter polish, but I basically quit wearing it for a long time because I absolutely H-A-T-E-D trying to get it off. I would go through pretty much a whole paper towel sheet for each nail (like 10 paper towels to take off a mani!!). And forget cotton balls--there went the whole bag! One day, I was browsing through Pinterest and I found this method for taking off glitter polish (pinned from honeylushy.blogspot.com). I pinned it thinking it was worth a try...if it worked *aaaaaaaa* cue the heavenly chorus! If it didn't, no harm done. 

Let me just say, it works SO well! I was ecstatic because I could now wear my beloved glitter polish without bringing out the nuclear bombs to get the stuff back off! 

I'll quit blabbering now and show you how to do it--hopefully you find it as helpful as I did! 

First, you'll need one of the flat cotton rounds you can find in the beauty section of any drugstore. 

You'll need to cut them into as many pieces as you have nails with glitter (I only had 6 with glitter for this example).

Next pour your nail polish remover into its own cap. I like to use acetone based polish remover formulated for natural nails. I just think it takes off the polish much easier.

Dip the first section in the polish remover and squeeze the excess. Place the remover-soaked section on your nail.

Take a small section of aluminum foil and wrap up your nail.

Repeat these steps with each nail that has glitter polish. Let them sit in the foil for 4-5 minutes. 

Now, you just twist the foil as if you're rubbing the polish off any other nail. 

You may have a couple of small pieces of glitter left, but they can be easily removed! ^^I showed examples of the glitters I removed from the last manicure I posted in the picture above ^^

I hope this post was helpful for you! I know I was so excited to finally wear glitter polish again without the headache of trying to take it back off! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment