Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Glow-in-the-Dark Halloween Nails

Wow, I can't believe it's already almost Halloween! These last few months have really snuck up on me!

I saw these Serum No5 polishes on @chalkboardnails on IG and I really wanted to try them out--I've never really seen glow polishes that are colored other than yellow (maybe I'm sheltered?). I ordered them from serumno5.com. 

So for these I did a black base (Orly Liquid Vinyl) on fingers 1, 3, & 5. I then painted my design on these fingers first with a white polish (OPI Alpine Snow) so that the polish will glow better. I painted a jack-o-lantern on the thumb, ovals for eyes on the middle finger, and a ghost shape on the pinky. Then I used Serum No5 Orange You Sunny on the thumb, Solar Power on the middle, and Krypton-Brite on the pinky. I used the black to make the pupils on the middle finger and the eyes and mouth on the pinky. 

For the pointer, I used Serum No5 I Gleam in Pink all over the nail, then black with a small brush to make the bat, two white dots for the eyes, and Solar Power over that to make them glow. 

For the ring finger, I used Serum No5 Ultra Violet all over the nail; then I used black and a small brush to draw a cat. I did the same with his eyes as I did with the bat.

As always I finished with a top coat! 



No comments:

Post a Comment