Saturday, October 4, 2014

Monkeys, Bananas, and Thermal Polish

I 💚 these little monkeys and bananas! I started with a base of PolishMeSilly's I'm Bananas Over You (two coats). When dry, I painted the monkeys on the thumb and ring fingers. I started with Zoya's Louisa and made the head shape; I made his ears with a dotting tool and the same polish. Using Zoya's Spencer and a large dotting tool, I made the inner part of the face; I used a small dotting tool and the same color. I took Zoya's Purity and a large dotting tool to make the whites of the eyes; using a smaller dotting tool, I made the pupils with Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chis; and with a teeny little dotting tool, I made light reflections in the pupils with the white. Using that same super small dotting tool and Louisa, I made 3 little hairs on top of his head. I then made a nose and a little tiny mouth with the same color/tool. For the other 3 fingers of each hand, I used a stamping plate from Winstonia. I first stamped the bananas with yellow (Zoya's Pippa), then filled them in with that same yellow. By the time I was done, they were dry enough to stamp over with black. I added a top coat and that's it! The top pics are of the thermal polish when your fingers are warm--it shows up as a light yellow. The bottom pics are after I've submerged my fingers in ice water--it turns to a bright green! Absolutely love this polish, it's so fun!

I found these monkeys on the YouTube channel called nailynails :)





No comments:

Post a Comment