Saturday, August 29, 2015

#31dc2015 day 10: Gradient

I have seen these gradient nails done around Instagram and I've wanted to try them for awhile but I just haven't done it, so I thought it would be a perfect time to do it for today's challenge! It's a nude gradient into a "French tip" and I think it just looks so elegant and natural. 

I started with a base of Zoya's Melanie. When dry I covered two-thirds of the area of the sponge I was going to use with Melanie, then the top third with OPIs Alpine Snow and sponged this over the nails. I went over them 3-4 times to get full opacity. 

The only problem I had with these was by the last few nails, my sponge was starting to shed, so I had little chunks of sponge littering my mani. If that happens to you, just use a new chunk of sponge! What do your nails look like today?

No comments:

Post a Comment