Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fourth of July Stamped Nails

So some of these did NOT turn out like I had hoped, but oh well I guess! 

Polishes used: Zoya's Purity (white), Nailtini Bloody Mary (red), Nailtini Blue Blazer (blue), Nailtini Bottle Green (green), Nailtini Absinthe (green), Zoya Raven (black), Zoya Arizona (orange), Zoya Pippa (yellow). I'll also edit the post to include the numbers of the stamping plates I used. 



If you noticed my nails are a little different than usual, it's because they're fake nails! Haha! I just got the inkling to put some on so there you have it! 


I started with a base of white. When dry, I stamped a full-nail stamp of grills, spatulas, a meat mallet, and a ketchup/mustard bottle with blue on the left/red on the right. Then I stamped a bigger grill with black and fireworks with yellow and orange (this one didn't turn out like I hoped). For the pointer finger, I stamped a star full-nail stamp that alternates with negative and positive space; I used blue on the left, red on right. On the middle finger, I used a swirly patterned full-nail stamp (red on left, blue on right). Then using Absinthe on the left, I stamped a Statue of Liberty. That one obviously didn't turn out because it was too light, so I tried Bottle Green on the right. On the ring fingers, I used a sporadic star full-nail stamp (blue left, red right). On the pinkies, I used a full-nail stars-with-stripes stamp (red left, blue right).


So the Blue Blazer was SO HARD to get to stamp! Some polishes are just not good for stamping and this was one of them. I love the color but it just refused to transfer to the stamping tool :( That's why a lot of the images aren't quite complete on the blue fingers. I really love the pinky fingers--which is your favorite?


No comments:

Post a Comment