Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Zoya Satin Collection Spring 2015

The other day, I got a hankering to do a little polish shopping (imagine that!!), but I decided I wanted to get something completely different from my norm, but still something I'd wear. I decided to go to Zoya's website and browse a little. They have a couple of different collections out this spring: the Spring Delight collection (http://zoya.com/content/category/Delight-Zoya-Nail-Polish-Collection-Spring.html) and the Naturel Satins collection (http://zoya.com/content/category/Naturel-Satins-Nail-Polish-Collection-Transitional.html). 

The Spring Delight is your typical spring polishes: pastel yellow, purple, pink, blue, mint, and green. These were all pretty similar to colors I already had in my collection so I wasn't on the bandwagon (maybe later though!). The finish of these ranges from cream to an almost duo chrome type finish (they describe it as a "flash"). All colors in this collection are "cool" tones.

The Naturel Satins were different. They are more muted colors, and they have a satin finish (hence the name!). I decided this was my collection. They arrived in the mail the other day and I opened the box to check them out...I wasn't sure how I was going to use them! They are so different from other colors in my collection! Although I have neutrals, they aren't like these; these are more earthy toned and much "softer" I think would be what I'd call them. Their finish is also really interesting--it's almost a matte, but not quite; it's definitely different. I don't know that I'd necessarily call it "satin" but it's different! Also, all colors in this collection are "cool" tones. 

Anyway, my exciting mani I did a couple of days ago was starting to chip, and I'm feeling a little bummed for some reason today. I didn't really feel like doing my nails, but they were starting to get ugly. I went in my craft room, sat down, and set about trying to decide what I wanted to do. That's when I looked up and saw these sitting in my display. I knew they would be great stand-alone colors and that I could have a cool mani without having to do any stamping or anything "fancy", which was just what my mood warranted! Then I thought, "what the heck, I may as well do some swatches and post about it on the blog." And here we are! You and me together! 

I'm including the descriptions of the polishes directly from Zoya's site below the swatch. Enjoy 😄

Rowan by Zoya can be best described as a suede taupe cream in the exclusive Satin finish.


Tove by Zoya can be best described as a misty slate grey cream in the exclusive Satin finish.


Leah by Zoya can be best described as a lavender tinged taupe cream in the exclusive Satin finish.

Sage by Zoya can be best described as a mossy sage green cream in the exclusive Satin finish.

Brittany by Zoya can be best described as a rose mauve cream in the exclusive Satin finish.

Ana by Zoya can be best described as a light toasted almond cream in the exclusive Satin finish.

They're all really nice colors. Just be sure to let them completely dry before touching!! I'm so used to my Seche Vite that I forget it takes awhile (if you add a quick dry top coat it makes it glossy, which messes up the "satin" effect, so don't use one!)! It also dries to  that interesting finish so it LOOKS dry, but it's a tricky devil! I decided on Rowan for my mani of the day (or couple of days...)--which one is your favorite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment