Friday, August 29, 2014

Stripes and Checks

I was inspired to do this awesome nail art from YouTuber Meliney (search for Meliney nail art!)--she posts lots of cool nail art tutorials, so you should go check her out!

I started with a base of Zoya's Rocha. I then used a red nail striper from Shany Cosmetics to make vertical stripes down each nail. I used a Fimo rod I purchased from Amazon and a razor to cut a few thin pieces. I adhered these to the nail using clear polish, then sealed them on with a top coat of Seche Vite. I did this with each nail except the ring finger.

For the ring finger, I did a base of Rocha, used the red striper, then painted a coat of Seche Vite. I let this dry about 10 minutes, then, using a piece of Scotch tape, I taped off the top 2/3 of the nail, leaving the bottom 1/3 exposed. I painted this portion with Zoya's Purity. I waited for this to dry for a couple of minutes, then went in with a flat nail art brush and Ebony Hates Chris to make the checkered pattern. I then added a Fimo rod flower to the center of the nail and finished with a coat of Seche Vite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment