Sunday, September 20, 2015

#31dc2015 Day 24: Inspired by a Book

I decided to do nails inspired by the book The Martian by Andy Weir. I loved that book and when I saw they're making it into a movie, I almost pooped my pants! Hahaha! 

I painted the thumb with Zoya's Tamsen; on each adjoining nail, I painted less and less of the nail to make it appear planet-like. I filled in blank spaces with Wet n' Wild Ebony Hates Chris. I dabbed Zoya's Louise on the red areas, and Autumn, Dream, and Aurora on the black areas to do a galaxy design. I painted stars with white acrylic paint. I painted my astronaut with white acrylic paint. I painted his visor with Zoya's Ki; I outlined him with black acrylic paint. I finished with a top coat. 

What book did you pick for inspiration today?

No comments:

Post a Comment